Monday, August 29, 2011

Drumming Journey: Part 2

After my initial meditation experience I was determined to not let it get me down. I had a lot of frustration initially, because when I was younger this sort of thing was always easy for me. Only a few years ago did I notice having any trouble communicating and understanding my intuition.

So for the next round, I decided to be a little more prepared. I had had trouble just "letting go" and not trying to control my vision. Snake had been very kind and patient in guiding me down to meet White Fox. I wasn't sure if she would be there again or not the second time around.

One of the things I did differently was try to clear my space a little more. I usually lay on my bed for meditations, but the first time I hadn't made it up and there was a ton of clutter in the room. I eliminated a lot of it and tidied up around the bed so that maybe the air could flow more easily.

The other thing that I did differently was to use a piece of amethyst and place it on my third eye. I had read up somewhere where amethyst supposedly helps aid in meditation. Well, it can't hurt! :)

Happily I can say that I immediately met up with my guide without any hesitation. We started out by sitting together on a beautiful beach, it felt like we were in North Carolina possibly (a place I had visited before). And we just sat together in silence, getting used to one another's presence. Initially I still felt the need to control the situation in order to move it along. Fox was insistent that we take our time, however.

At some point it was evening, and he and I plodded along a pathway deep into the woods. I don't remember being able to see, but just going by faith and staying beside Fox's side.


We made it into the inner most center of the woods. Someone had already started a small bonfire, and I could see other women gathering around it. I could hear the garbled sounds of people talking and laughing, and someone was passing around finger foods. Bear was there and I remember seeing her wiggle her way down to the ground beside the campfire, trying to avoid sitting on anyone. I remember her being very sweet and welcoming. The bird guides were there, as well as many others, but I can't remember all of them. It was hard to make out anyone in the firelight. Apparently we were so deep in the trees that we couldn't make out any of the stars or even the moon.

Fox and I joined the circle and although I wanted to sit somewhat further back he nudged me up closer to join the rest of the group. He laid down beside me and let me pet the thick fur around his neck.

Soon all the group quieted down and the mood was calm. We were all comfortable in our silence, sitting with all of our guides. I kept feeling the itch to ask Fox what we were all doing, why I should be there, what was my purpose in the circle, etc. But every time I wanted to ask I would just stroke his mane some more and that helped to keep me present in the moment.

After some time I heard the drumming summoning me back. I remember nodding to everyone in the group, and Fox and I moved silently back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment