Friday, December 7, 2012

Advent Calendar 2012

So I mentioned in my Thankfulness Post a couple days ago that I made an advent calendar. Well I did. Sort of. 

I didn't want anything fancy that I would have to either put a whole bunch of money down for, or spend hours sewing something cutesy that my fruitcake cat would destroy in five minutes. I drew up an elementary school looking Christmas tree on Illustrator and wrote a different activity on each decoration. (How creative! I'm so smart. Imma give myself a cookie.) 

Drew it up, printed it out, and now that sucker is on my fridge. Because that's how we roll. 

For the activities I made up things that I could do seeing as how I live alone, (boo.) That would still be fun and not so depressing. Here's what I came up with:

  1. Christmas shopping!
  2. Put up the tree.
  3. Make paper snowflakes.
  4. Take donations to Goodwill.
  5. Send out Christmas cards.
  6. Find mistletoe.
  7. Bake cookies!
  8. Hot Cocoa party.
  9. Christmas Cantata (being held at my church.)
  10. Watch "It's a Wonderful Life".
  11. Make a popcorn garland.
  12. Make breakfast for dinner.
  13. Make mulled wine.
  14. Christmas party! (I usually hold one every year.)
  15. At home "spa" day. 
  16. Eat dark chocolate! Because why not?
  17. Make beeswax candles.
  18. Watch "A Christmas Toy".
  19. Make a tin can lantern. (Done by punching holes in a tin can with a hammer and nail.)
  20. Winter Solstice celebration.
  21. Holiday manicure. (Why not? I'm going silver & gold.)
  22. Watch "A Muppet's Christmas Carol".
  23. Do a lights tour.
  24. Make a gingerbread house.
  25. Christmas Day! Whoop! :)
Are you doing anything special for the Holidays? Lemme know!

xoxo,


Jenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment